Pages

About Me

My photo
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
I am a Student at chesterfield college and I am currently applying for uni for a games design course. I am currently aspiring to be a games concept artist and i will be posting all my work and development on here for others to view. I really hope you enjoy viewing my blog.

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Contextual Influences

David Hockney

David was born 1937 as a draughts man and painter and he was educated in the ways of art at Bradford College of art then later at royal college of art in London where he was featured in an exhibition along side of Peter Blake. He started in pop art and expressionist elements but soon went on to do photomontage like in the images below.

this image is one of my favorites as it reminds me of something being built up with post-stick notes and i also like how the image is almost perfectly aligned.


No comments:

Post a Comment